Considering the excellent benefits that connecting with professionals on LinkedIn brings, college students can never ignore this social networking platform. LinkedIn can help students find internships and jobs prior to graduation from college. In Fact, 70% of students find their first job through networking. Networking on LinkedIn should begin as early as possible. However, it’s a regret that college students spend very little time on this professional social networking platform, as compared to the time spent on other popular social networking websites like Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. LinkedIn dominates today’s job search landscape.
Below are some key tips on how college students should use LinkedIn and how they can reap maximum benefits by connecting with professionals on this social networking website.
- Getting Job Email Alerts
- Connecting with Professionals
- Conducting Company Research
- Getting Recommendations – Building your Brand
- Letting Companies and Recruiters Find You
- Connecting with Other Students
- Landing International Internships and Jobs
College2Career provides student LinkedIn profile writing in Tampa and throughout. For students College2Career will:
- Write powerful and well-branded LinkedIn profiles.
- Write each profile, with a particular emphasis on the all-important Headline, Summary, Experience, and Education.
- Integrate all of the “extras” – publications, presentations, professional affiliations, foreign languages, project highlights, technology skills, and more.
- Integrate the essential keywords that are the backbone of every online search, including LinkedIn.
- Assist the student in obtaining professional recommendations from their professors and internship supervisors.
- Teach the student how to research companies and join relevant groups unique to their college major.
Don’t miss your student’s chance to be involved in the go-to, professional network and to participate in what has become the largest resource for employers hoping to fill positions. Let College2Career create a complete LinkedIn profile, and connect your student to the necessary resources.